This is a heavenly indulgence! The berries, the cream cheese, the toasted coconut and fluffy whipped cream all being brought together by the light blueberry pound cake french toast is an out of this world experience and perfect to make for momma on mothers day!
You can buy pound cake or make your own! It’s up to you! Both ways will turn out insane! If you like something a little more chocolatey check out the Croissant French Toasted Stuffed with Nutella and Topped with Whipped Cream, Sliced Bananas and Toasted Coconut.
Here is the recipe for homemade Blueberry Pound Cake and everything else you will need.
Blueberry Pound Cake (recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix together 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Dredge blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour, then fold into batter Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
To Make the Blueberry Pound Cake Stuffed French Toast with Toasted Coconut and Blackberries
The Stuffing: Blackberry Cream Cheese ( aprox. 4 servings)
4 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
Approx 1/2 cup blackberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix all ingredients except the berries. Once you have a smooth consistency, pour in the berries and smash with a folk. Leave peaces of berries for variation. Swirl and you are finished. Set in the refrigerator until read to use.
Stuffed French Toast Batter and Garnishes (serving aprox. 4)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup coconut milk
¼ cup milk or cream
2 tablespoons butter for pan
choice of syrup (maple, buttermilk..etc)
Instructions for Stuffed French Toast
Mix eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut milk and cream or milk together, with a whisk or fork.
Once combined, take two slices of the blueberry pound cake and dip quickly on both sides into the batter.
On Medium Heat, melt a dollop of butter.
When butter is melted, add the battered pound cake and cook each side for aprox. 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once done spread one piece with Blackberry Cream Cheese
Sandwich the two pieces of the blueberry French toast together.
Repeat this process to create as many stuffed French toast as you want.
Garnish with Whipped Cream, powdered sugar, toasted coconut, more blackberries and a drizzle of your favorite syrup. Buttermilk syrup or maple syrup would be a really nice addition!
Suggestion: You can use plain pound cake, or another type of bread altogether. Substitute type of berries works too!
Have fun with it and make changes to suit you best!