Leave the stove top off because there is cooking necessary for this recipe! This is an all fresh, no fuss, completely healthy and still- packed with bold-flavor item. The only thing you need to know how to do is dice, chop, and toss!
You can add or take out whatever you like. Tomato is a great addition and feel free to use any type of onion if you do not have scallions laying around! Remove the feta if cheese isn’t your thing and you still have a great mix!
This is good with chips, in tortillas, on bread, in a sandwich, on top of a bed of lettuce, as a soup topping, or tossed with quinoa or couscous.
Another suggestion is adding shrimp (diced) or white fish (such as cod- cubed) to create a Ceviche! (go to recipe here)
- 2 Cucumbers (seeded and diced)
- 2 Avocados (diced) (easy method for
- handling an avocado)
- 2 Tablespoons Green Chilies (Optional)
- ¼ cup Chopped Scallions
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Chopped Mint
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Splash of Hot sauce (Optional)
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for an hour (if you can stand to wait). Let sit in the refrigerator so the flavors can marry.
- Serve with chips, in tortillas, on bread, in sandwich, in a pita, on top a bed of lettuce, topped on a soup, tossed with quinoa or couscous.