Ceviche sounds pretty fancy but it is super quick and easy to prepare. Ceviche is a seafood dish popular in Central and South America and the Philippines. It is a mix of a few fresh ingredients such as cucumber, tomato, avocado, bell peppers, cilantro, maybe mint with a white fish, or shrimp marinated in citrus juice such as lemon or lime.
Ceviche is one of my favorites that I ‘frequent’. Its down right delicious and nutritious, refreshing and simple. There are many varieties of ways to make civeche but to kick off our go green column I will make an all encompassing green ceviche for you. Sorry tomatoes you need to sit this one out. Baby shrimp…you are in.
- 2 Cucumbers (seeded and diced)
- 2 Avocados (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Green Chilies (Optional)
- ¼ cup Chopped Scallions or white onion
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Chopped Mint (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 pound shrimp (diced)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Splash of Hot sauce (Optional)
- Mix all together! Let sit for an hour in refrigerator to allow flavors to marry; if you can stand to wait. If not it is still delicious to eat right away.
- Eat with pitas, tortillas, chips, naan, couscous, quinoa, chips… what ever fancies you!