Here is a quick treat for the weekend! These lemon cookies are so quick to prepare, and take only 5 ingredients!!
This recipe was given to me by my neighbor and good friend Megumi. I made them for a birthday party the next day, and they were a huge hit!
These are little pillows of chewy lemony goodness.
The white chocolate is a surprisingly perfect balance between the tangy lemon and sweet white chocolate.
These have become one of my favorite go to recipes when I need to whip up something quick, but still want something special!
- 1 Box Lemon or Vanilla Cake Mix (your choice)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest ( about 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cake mix, oil & eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- If you want to fancy them up a bit… roll spoonfuls of cookie dough in white sugar and then in confectioners sugar before placing on cookie sheet (This is how I like them!)
- Place uniform spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake approximate 8-10 minutes. (I bake 8 minutes with 1 Tablespoon Scoops of cookie dough).
Have a good weekend!!