Oooey Gooey S’more Ice cream Bars tastes like a chunk of heaven. My mom use to make these golden graham ice cream bars for an after school snack- on a very good day! She did the same thing with rice krispy treats- which are just as amazing and freeze well (S’more bars do not freeze too well-best to make ice cream bars and eat right away).
Sandwiching ice cream in the middle of anything makes it special and covers every element in this treat of oooey and gooey to cool and refreshing!
You don’t have to put ice cream in the middle, but the option is definitely there! These take no longer than 10 minutes to make from beginning to end. Great for a treat, dessert, or bringing to a pot luck! Guarantee to put a smile on anyone’s face- except mine! Oh how I miss eating these! Could someone invent Gluten Free Golden Grahams? That would be the next best thing! Enjoy these for me will you??
- 2 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows (save two cups for the end)
- 1 12 oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 8 cups Golden Graham cereal (one 12 oz. box)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Put chocolate chips in freeze to chill them so they do not all melt when you mix them in.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan, set aside.
- In a pot, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, add about 1 and a half bags of marshmallows and stir until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and transfer marshmallow mixture to a large mixing bowl and add cereal, stirring to coat.
- Once cereal is coated, remove chocolate chips from freezer and add to
- Fold until everything is evenly distributed.
- Press cereal mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Turn out onto cutting board and cut into squares or cut in pan.
- If filling with ice cream slice a piece of S’more bar down the middle to make thin.
- Fill with desired amount of ice cream on one side and put the remaining side on top of the icecream! Enjoy!!
- Keep stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator if you have left overs (not with ice cream in the middle of course)
- Makes about 20-24 bars.