This is the last roasted beet posting for a while. I promise! Unless you want more?…. don’t tempt me! Some of you out there might not like beets… and if this is you, was it because you ate them from a can? Canned beets are nasty, and its a shame that they exist and give this vibrant vegetable a bad name…if this is what has been holding you back, erase that canned beet memory and start fresh. Then tell me you don’t like them!
This roasted beet recipe has an added kick to it! I usually pair beets with more sweet vinaigrette’s or rubs but decided to go out on a limb and put the beet with the savory and guess what, it made a sweet and savory concoction that I want to eat all day long! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to try it! Let me know what you think and what some of your favorite beet combinations are! Have a great Day!
- 2 bunches of medium golden beets, tops trimmed and quartered
- 2 Tbs coconut oil (I didn’t use any oil because I forgot and they were great but I am sure they would be even better with)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a pinch of chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss beets with oil and lay flat on sheet pan.
- Sprinke with spice mixture.
- Roast for 30 minutes flipping once, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with some additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm. ( I put the left overs in the fridge and eat them cold as a snack!)